Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheap & Cheerful Art Walk - Downtown

Okay, I admit it --I am on a bit of a downtown jag for the moment. The reason being with longer and warmer days, downtown LA has a lot to offer.

On the second Thursday of every month a free, self guided tours including MOCA, L.A. Artcore Center and and the Los Angeles Center for Digital Arts. (107 W. Fifth Street) When I last went on this tour there were also a lot of small galleries that stayed open late to capture the foot traffic. Did I understand it all? no. But I did enjoy talking to the artists and gallery owners on what they were working on and the changing face of downtown ABSOLUTELY. We parked in a lot after 5pm so it was less than $10.00.

We snuck over to Pete's Cafe (4th & Main) for a light bite afterwards.

http://www.downtownartwalk.org/


213-624-6212

No comments:

Post a Comment