Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cheap & Cheerful Hollywood Bowl

No that's not a typo! It can be done. But as is with a Cheap & Cheerful lifestyle, it's about trade-offs.

If you are okay with seating at the back of the bowl, you can get in for a very reasonable amount.
We are talking sections, W, X & V or as my college friend, Jonathan and I warmly refer to it as The Nose Bleed Club. Yes it's true, I can't tell from way back there if performer are wearing slip-on or laced shoes--but I don't care! I'm there to listen to music not observe brain surgery. Plus, the good people of Sections W, X & V are a bit more easy going about chatting during the performance than those in the "high rent" zones.

Ah yes and the cynics are saying "What are you seeing, the Romanian Spoon Orchestra and Clog Dancers?" No I bought a $10.00 to see Grace Jones! Yes I had to pick up my ticket at the box office to avoid the hefty "convenience" fee, but I live close so that's no big deal. And it's true, Jon and I have to split a parking fee-the closer you park the higher it gets. ($10 -$20) But it is still a wonderful way to spend a summer night. We will pack a great picnic then hike up to the top of the Bowl for a gorgeous view and an amazing performance.

So get up to speed on the seating chart and plan a Cheap & Cheerful night at the Hollywood Bowl.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating_chart.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment